The week that was Menopause talk.
Were you able to watch #BBCMenopause?
Louise Minchin at BBC Breakfast has opened the dialogue on National TV discussing Menopause, this will have a huge impact for many women’s lives whilst managing Menopause. The Mp Rachel Redditch discussed the word Menopause in the Houses of Parliament, so change is starting to occur. The word #Menovist has become a term now used for the growing number of women making a stand about Menopause to highlight awareness and the need for women to be able to make an informed choice for the treatment of Menopause.
Yesterday was MegsMenopause Conference 2019 PeriMenoPost was fortunate to go along and the spend the day at the event. What a day it was!!
#Menovist Meg Matthews
The day was planned to perfection, the expert guest speakers included;
Meg Matthews, Dr Louise Newson, Dr Niamh O’Kennedy, Dr Larisa Corda, Dr Saadia Meyer, Alix Fox, Ane Auret, Jannette Ryan, Annabel Oakley-Watson, Dr Sarah Ball, James Dempsey, Hala El-Shaffe, Caroline Gaskin, Dr Ornella Cappelari and Michelle Zelli. The message that was conveyed throughout the day was positive and valuable with information to empower women to use when asking for help, support and treatment from their doctors. Tips, and advice of how to manage symptoms.
Meg Matthews has created her own brand and a tribe of followers, Megs website was a lifesaver for myself and for many other women. I discovered the site and read through the helpful information and it helped to make me realise that I was in fact normal, that what was happening to my body was a natural part of a woman’s life.
Meg is a true Menovist, she has stood up and spoken out aloud about her experiences and she works tirelessly to ensure that menopause is accepted and understood, there is no stopping her. https://megsmenopause.com/
Liz Earle is also a Menovist, she too advocates the importance of ensuring women are informed of knowledge of Menopause and treatments that are available to women. https://lizearlewellbeing.com/how-safe-and-helpful-is-hormone-replacement-therapy/
Dr Louise Newson is a Gp and runs her own Menopause Clinic, she is leading the way with her clinic and the treating of women and Menopause. We need more GP’s like Louise up and down the country to help women with their journey of the Menopause, Louise wants to ensure that every woman receives the right care they so rightly deserve. https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/
Diane Danzebrink is campaigning her petition to #makemenopausematter, she wants to ensure awareness with education in schools, workplace and training for GP’s to learn more about Menopause. Diane rightly states it costs the NHS more money with the current system that is in place. If more education, training is implemented it would save the NHS money, women would then be treated with the correct care that they rightly deserve. Sign the petition today to help make this change happen for ourselves, our daughters, granddaughters and further generations.https://www.change.org/p/penny-mordaunt-mp-make-menopause-matter-in-healthcare-the-workplace-and-education-makemenopausematter
Andrea maclean another #Menovist in the public eye, Andrea has written her own account of her journey of Menopause in her book – Confessions of a Menopause. To also raise awareness and help spread the Menopause word.https://www.thisgirlisonfire.co.uk/
Yesterday’s discussions provided a wealth of expertise from the guest speakers during Megs Menopause conference, they all had the same ethos that women should be able to make an informed choice regarding menopause treatment. Women will be post menopause for a third of their lives, due to the fact that times have changed and as a society we are all living for longer. Women need to be able to have that quality of life to be able to enjoy life, have fun, and to be in the best possible health that they can be.
- BE INFORMED
- BE AWARE
- YOUR CHOICE
The more women that can become involved with helping this change and to spread the word would really help.
Everyone would benefit including ourselves, daughters, grand daughters, family members, friends, work colleagues and more generations to follow.
The menopause needs you!! Are you a Menovist, help to make a stand and make the change happen!
Photo by Nina Uhlíková on Pexels.com
COMPETITION TIME !!
BEEN THERE, SEEN THAT, GOT THE T-SHIRT?
Why not join in our competition and win your very own T-shirt! Follow PeriMenoPost on Instagram. All you ahve to do is give us a follow. The Winner will be chosen at random from list taken, closing date 31st May 2019 at 12pm.
Terms and Conditions as follows:
Please read these terms carefully before entering the competition.
Entering the competition constitutes an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The Competition is only open to (UK RESIDENTS)
The Competition is open to any resident of the United Kingdom over 18 years of age
Automated or bulk entries from third parties will be disqualified.
● We reserve the right to exclude serial competition entrants who have entered more than 4 competitions in the last month.
● There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
The Competition opens on (19th May 2019 10pm) and closes (31st May 2019 MIDNIGHT)
Entrants can enter at any point between these dates.
To enter the competition entrants will need to like the post and follow us
● Entrants can only enter the Competition once, but can like, regram/repost comment, tweet and RT as many times as they like
● The winner will be selected (Selected at random from list)
The winner will be selected at random from the list of entrants. Names will be entered into a spreadsheet and numbered and a member of staff that has not seen the spreadsheet will choose a number between x and y who shall be the winner.
● The winner will be notified by DM within 2 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. The winner will be notified via DM on Instagram within 14 days of the closing date.
● The prize for winning the competition will be (Size Small White Printed T-Shirt Value RRP 15.00GBP)
● The Prize as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by PeriMenoPost) ● The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted by the winner
PerimenoPost reserve the right to use the voice, image, photograph, name and likeness of the winners for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winners. In entering the Competition, all participants consent to such use of their voice, image, photograph, name and likeness.
● Copyright of any material produced as part of the competition is owned by PeriMenoPost and/or its content suppliers.
● Unauthorised use of the material produced as part of this competition, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of PeriMenoPost or, where applicable, the respective competition entrant is prohibited.
● Where you are able to submit any contribution to this competition you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant PeriMenoPost a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant PeriMenoPost the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to PeriMenoPost
● By submitting your contribution to PeriMenoPost you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to PeriMenoPost for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify PeriMenoPost against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by periMenoPost as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
● You consent to your first name, photograph and social media handles about you being disclosed on PeriMenoPost digital channels or other media if you win any Prizes under the Competition
● By entering the Competition, you agree that PeriMenoPost may contact you in relation to the Competition. Absolving responsibility of the social platforms
● This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, platform x (INSTAGRAM or any other social network General liability cover ● PeriMenoPost do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the competition. ● Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, periMenoPost and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from: ● any postponement or cancellation of the Competition; ● any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and ● any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond PeriMenoPost.