PeriMenoPost is pleased to announce the launch of www.perimenopost.com!!! Wahoo!!!!
If you have been following PeriMenoPost on social media you’ll know that not only do we talk socially about Menopause on all things digital but we can also help your business/brand to talk menopause friendly too!
I am Lorna Ive Founder of @PeriMenoPost and a digital mum graduate. PeriMenoPost can help your business to grow with strategic social media management.
I had a bolt of inspiration to help other women going through all stages of menopause. I wanted to create an online tool to help provide women with a friendly, fun and informative community. Navigating women through the rollercoaster ride of menopause with the help of social media platforms, Twitter – Facebook and Instagram with a weekly blog and competitions.
Perimenopost began as my campaign in January 2019 for my digital mums training, I was then able to put my lightbulb idea I had formed into action!! Perimenopost has helped to make menopause become more accepted and discussed in social conversations online and in real life.
Is your brand talking menopause friendly?
Do you have a business or brand that you feel can help women manage their perimenopause or menopause journey? Are you a brand that would like to reach out to the menopausal woman?
No longer a taboo, menopause conversations are now taking place. Let your business join in the conversation and help to raise brand awarenes and helping women at the same time.
Let perimenopost take your brand to the next level and create a winning formula!
Perimenopost is a resource for women to use online to be a part of a friendly, fun and informative community, to gain further information and understanding with a postive mindset helping to make informed choices.
Contact PeriMenoPost today.
Starting the conversation about all things #earlymenopause #Perimenopause #Menopause and #postmenopause. Breaking down the taboo one post at a time ..
Real life Meno 60 seconds Interview
Real life Meno 60 Seconds interview
This weeks real life meno 60 seconds interview guest is our competition winner Samantha Evans @samtalkssex
Congratulations and well done Samantha !!!
Our #UndoTheMenoTaboo T shirt is on its way to you!!
Samantha Evans would like to share her menopause journey with you and share with you her commitment to raising awareness and helping women about sexual health, intimacy and to not suffer in silence. Read Sam’s story …..
I’m Samantha Evans co-founder of Jo Divine, an online sex toy company, with my husband Paul in 2007. I’m 51, menopausal, married with three teenagers.
Having a professional background in nursing, I’m a features writer for Jo Divine and work with many healthcare professionals in the NHS and private practice to help them advise their patients about regaining sexual function and enjoying sexual intimacy and pleasure through the use of suitable sex toys, dilators and sexual lubricants.
With an extensive knowledge about sex toys and sexual lubricants, I advise women going through the menopause and beyond about ways to enjoy sexual intimacy and pleasure as this is often a time when many couples give up on their sex lives due to the impact of menopausal health issues that affect their intimacy and pleasure.
I really enjoy sex but spent many years in my 20’s and 30’s suffering from recurrent thrush, bacterial vaginosis (BV), cystitis and urinary tract infections that led to vaginismus which nearly destroyed my sex life due to using poor lubricants such as KY jelly adn other well known brands which contain glycerin, glcyols and parabens all of which irriate the tissues of the vagina and vulva, disrupting vagina pH and can cause thrush. To overcome the issues of recurrent thrush or BV I would use well known feminine hygiene products bought over the counter and still recommended by GPs everywhere that actually exacerbated the problem as so many of them contain the same ingredients that were causing these recurrent infections!
The only advice I got from a gynaecologist at my local hospital was to iron the gusset of all my knickers which is useful advice but he never discussed my sex life or the use of lubricants.
This is why I’m passionate about educating women about ways to enjoy sexual intimacy and pleasure when menopausal and midlife sexual isues such as vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, painful sex, low libido and decreased sexual sensation occur, issues that many find embarrassing to talk about, all of which can impact upon sexual intimacy and pleasure and lead to people giving up on their sex life when there are simple practical things they can do to keep enjoying sex. For me, sex is fun, messy, noisy, intimate and most of all pleasurable.
@samtalkssex @jodivineuk Instagram jo.divine
1) Best Part of menopause?
Not giving a hoot about what people think about you, I have gained so much confidence and hopefully encourage other women to speak out, seek help and not suffer in silence or from embarrassment especially when it comes to enjoying sex.
Meeting all the fabulous women through campaigning for better education and care for women. Everyone has their own story to tell and has used it to improve their own quality of life and that of women everywhere.
2) Tell us your best #Menomoment?
Being part of the Latte Lounge Panel in aid of the Eve Appeal in July with Liz Earle ( huge fan of her products), Athena Lamnisos (CEO of Eve Appeal) Dr Louise Newson ( leading menopause GP), Katie Taylor (founder of the Latte Lounge) Diane Danzebrink (founder of Menopause Support) and Jane Lewis (author of Me & My Menopausal Vagina)
Seeing a medical professional panic when they can’t turn off the sex toy you’ve put in their hand at a conference/talk. This happens quite often and always makes me smile!
3) What has been the worst part of your menopause?
Walking out on my husband and sitting in a local wood among the bluebells crying for more than 3 hours earlier this year due to feeling completely overwhelmed and incredibly sad. I think I’m quite confident and practical, always trying to rationalize things, probably as I have a nursing background yet this completely derailed me. I always ask my children and husband where they are when they go out yet I turned off my phone and no one knew where I was and I made them frantic with worry. Something I still feel really sad about. We all ended up talking and things are better now.
4) Have you taken the NHS or Private Health route to treat your menopause?
I have to admit as a former nurse I had no idea of some of the symptoms of menopause such as palpitations, itchy skin, joint aches and pains, painful breast, ect. I started to see my male GP with these symptoms about a year before I was told I was menopausal. He was hopeless, refusing to acknowledge when asked, if these were menopause symptoms and prescribing inappropriate medication which exacerbated my symptoms. Luckily we have a female GP with an interest in women’s health in my GP practice so I took my symptom checklist Diane Danzebrink recommended I do but she didn’t look at it, within minutes of chatting she said you’re menopausal and she has been fabulous ever since.
5) Have you been supported within your workplace?
My husband and I co-own Jo Divine and work from our home office but he is just brilliant, he’s got used to my lapses in concentration. It helps our office looks out onto the garden and I go and sit outside, have a cup of tea whenever I want to.
6) HRT or natural/alternative treatment for Menopause?
HRT patches x 2 weekly to protect my heart, bone, vagina and bladder health, Vagifem (local oestrogen for my vagina) x 3 weekly.
Natural products include YES organic lubricants and vaginal moisturisers as they are free from glycerin which can cause thrush, glycols that irritate the tissue of the vagina and urethra and parabens which are oestrogenic and have no place inside our bodies, also pH balanced to that of the vagina.
Having had my sex life and vagina health destroyed in my 20’s and 30’s by KY jelly, well known lubricant brands and feminine hygiene products I wanted to ensure that I could continue to enjoy sex through menopause and beyond.
7) What advice would you give to a younger you prior to
Perimenopause and Menopause?
Get educated about the symptoms of the peri/menopause because I had no idea that many of my symptoms were perimenopausal, educate your children and partners, ignore all the negative menopause coverage in the media ( I wrote an article about how I was having better sex in my 40’s than my 20’s after seeing yet another photo of a sad women sitting ont h end of the bed in the Mail online whcih ended up in the Mail online!) and numerous websites/celebrities touting products for the menopause to vulnerable women that are often detrimental to health or offer no benefit.
8) Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Still enjoying great sex and helping more women (and their partners) to enjoy sexual intimacy and pleasure too. Hopefully will have written my book about owning Jo Divine and being a sexual health and pleasure expert.
9) Who would you like to give a shout out – mention too? Who has been supportive and instrumental in helping you through menopause?
I’m so lucky to have met and now work with amazing women campaigning for better education for everyone, including medical professionals, especially GPs so big shout out for Dr Louise Newson, Diane Danzebrink, Jane Lewis, Katie Taylor and Rachael Egderton plus my lovely husband Paul and three teenage children who are fabulous.
10)Who is your favourite #Menowarrior?
Can I have two? Diane Danzebrink #Make Menopause Matter campaigner and Jane Lewis, they have become firm friends and we can talk about anything, Jane and I are vagina warriors, she and I will never stop talking about vaginas, vulvas and sex!
Thank you Sam for a great interview about your journey and your fantastic campaigining for sexual health awareness which is helping so many women to regain their sex lives.
Photo by Fathi Vee on Pexels.com
This week is sexual health awareness 16th Sept -22 September 2019.
If you’re experiencing symptoms due to menopause and it’s affecting your sex life, you will find some more information from the following sites;
www.jodivine.com www.fpa.org.uk www.brook.org.uk
It is also Gynaecological cancer awareness month #GCAM
To help you gain more information the following sites have plenty of support and advice to help you.
@eve appeal www.eve.co.uk
@vulvacancerUK – Twitter
@wombcancersupportuk Twitter /www.wombcancersupport.weebly.com
@jotrust – Twitter/www.jotrust.org.uk
@ovariancanceractionuk- Twitter / www.ovariancancer.org.uk
@targetovariancancer twitter / www.targetovariancancer.org.uk
It’s menopause awareness month and we are very pleased to announce a well woman event!!
A little surprise in store as PeriMenoPost will be present too, come and say hello and join in the conversation about all things menopause.
Bella Vou Clinic, the Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells is holding a well woman event. An evening of empowering and informative talks by womens health specialists.
The event is to be held at the Salomons Estate, Tunbridge Wells, TN3 0TG
26th Sept 7-9pm with host of speakers including question and answers.
Dr Marilyn Glenville PHD the UK’s leading nutritional specialist in women’s health will be discussing how to balance your hormones.
Dr Gail Ball is an experienced GP working within the NHS for womens health and sexual health in Brighton for 18 years.
Samantha Evans @samtalkssex @jodivine our competition winner!! Will be discussing sexual health and intimacy.
Pip Salmon is a clinical specialist physiotherapist an expert in pelvic floor and urinary incontinence. Pip will be sharing some tips and advice to help manage symptoms and giving you the confidence back to feel comfortable with your body.
Sandrine Gasnier the founder of Sandrines Pilates will be sharing some helpful exercises to regain pelvic floor muscle and strength, helping to control bladder, bowels and sexual energy.
Sue Hutchings owner of Knowle Grange Health Spa will be offering mini massage treatments during the event, Sue is a Reiki Master, Kinesiologist and personal trainer. Sue will be offering treatments during the evening event.
Nicola Pinkney is a MLD/DLT therapist who trained in the DR Vodder method of MLD for manual lymphatic drainage and decongestive lymphatic therapy. Nicola will also be providing treatments for the event.
PeriMenoPost will be joining in with questions and answers, so come and say hello!
Tickets are available from [email protected] or from www.eventbrite.co.uk/bellavou
Look forward to meeting you there Menos.
If you would like to enter our weekly competition and win yourself an #undothemenotaboo t shirt, to enter you need to like our blog and then retweet or repost! you will be entered into a lucky dip. You may also be next weeks real life 60 seconds meno interview guest!!
Terms and conditions for competition;
Please read these terms carefully before entering the competition.
Entering the competition constitutes an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The Competition is only open to (UK RESIDENTS)
The Competition is open to any resident of the United Kingdom over 18 years of age
Automated or bulk entries from third parties will be disqualified.
● We reserve the right to exclude serial competition entrants who have entered more than 4 competitions in the last month.
● There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
The Competition opens on (17th Sept 2019 2pm closes (24th Sept 2pm)
Entrants can enter at any point between these dates.
To enter the competition entrants will need to like the post and follow us
● Entrants can only enter the Competition once, but can like, regram/repost comment, tweet and RT as many times as they like
● The winner will be selected (Selected at random from list)
The winner will be selected at random from the list of entrants. Names will be entered into a spreadsheet and numbered and a member of staff that has not seen the spreadsheet will choose a number between x and y who shall be the winner.
● The winner will be notified by DM within 2 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. The winner will be notified via DM on Instagram within 14 days of the closing date.
● The prize for winning the competition will be (White Printed T-Shirt Value RRP 15.00GBP)
● The Prize as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by PeriMenoPost) ● The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted by the winner
PerimenoPost reserve the right to use the voice, image, photograph, name and likeness of the winners for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winners. In entering the Competition, all participants consent to such use of their voice, image, photograph, name and likeness.
● Copyright of any material produced as part of the competition is owned by PeriMenoPost and/or its content suppliers.
● Unauthorised use of the material produced as part of this competition, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of PeriMenoPost or, where applicable, the respective competition entrant is prohibited.
● Where you are able to submit any contribution to this competition you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant PeriMenoPost a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant PeriMenoPost the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to PeriMenoPost
● By submitting your contribution to PeriMenoPost you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to PeriMenoPost for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify PeriMenoPost against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by periMenoPost as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
● You consent to your first name, photograph and social media handles about you being disclosed on PeriMenoPost digital channels or other media if you win any Prizes under the Competition
● By entering the Competition, you agree that PeriMenoPost may contact you in relation to the Competition. Absolving responsibility of the social platforms
● This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, platforms Twitter and INSTAGRAM or any other social network General liability cover ● PeriMenoPost do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the competition. ● Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, periMenoPost and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from: ● any postponement or cancellation of the Competition; ● any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and ● any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond PeriMenoPost
Have a super week menos, keep shouting the word menopause out there!!
All of us together, we can normalise and make menopause become accepted within society. Contact PeriMenoPost today to talk menopause.